Matching Grant Manager – Suriname’s Growth Enterprises (SURGE)
Interested candidates who comply with the following terms of reference are invited to submit their CV and a Letter of Interest (in English) to [email protected]. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Solidaridad is an international network organization, working in over 40 countries with eight regional offices on five continents. We work with businesses from the market throughout the whole supply chain to make sustainability the norm and enable businesses, farmers and workers to earn a decent income, produce in balance with nature, and shape their future. We have significant experience working on buyer-led programs to support small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and value chains through a combination of business development services and matching grants to support business and value chain growth and transformation.
This position will support MSMEs and value chain applicants in developing projects to propose for matching grant support, working in close collaboration with the Business Development Managers. It will also be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the matching grants and their disbursements, including fiduciary oversight of the funds.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Location: South America
- Country: Suriname
- City location: Paramaribo
- Length of position: 2 years (with possible 1-year extension)
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, business, accounting, or a related field;
- Experience managing MSME development funds, such as business incubators, accelerators, early-stage investment funds, matching grants programs, or others;
- Ideally, direct experience in implementing matching grant programs;
- Ability to demonstrate high integrity and a professional track record of managing funds with strong accountability and governance;
- Minimum of 3 years proven track record of working with and analyzing early-stage firms, particularly in an investing capacity;
- Knowledge of agribusiness and/or tourism sectors and their value chains would be a distinct advantage;
- Knowledge of managing clusters would be a distinct advantage;
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the coaching and mentoring needs of entrepreneurs and managing enterprises in devising successful ways to help them build skills;
- Based in Suriname, knowledge of the Surinamese economy and culture is essential. Must be fluent in Dutch and Sranan Tongo.