Vacante | FINANCIAL CONTROLLER – CERRADA
Send your English language CV, motivation letter and salary history or expectations to the attention of regional director Michaelyn Baur at [email protected] by 16 October 2020
We are looking for a professional to lead our regional financial and administrative management and support impact investment and business development goals in Central America, Mexico and Caribbean. The position will directly supervise our regional team of Financial and Administrative Managers, support our HR Manager, and work closely with our regional supply chain-focused programme managers as well as with our specialists in impact investment, development, sustainable landscapes and climate, ICT, PMEL and communications to deliver ground-breaking solutions that can accelerate and scale the transition to a sustainable and just economy.
The financial controller and business finance analyst will report to the Managing Director, with linkages to the Solidaridad Network Financial Controller, and regional impact investment specialist and development manager. Deadline for applications is October 16, 2020.
Solidaridad Central America, Mexico and Caribbean is part of Solidaridad Network, an international civil society organization present in 37 countries, with focus on sustainable supply chains. Solidaridad Central America, Mexico and Caribbean has experienced significant growth in recent years and has a robust regional portfolio that works across entire supply chains, from smallholder producers to large agroindustry actors and brands. We are engaged with the following supply chains: palm oil, sugarcane, livestock, cocoa, coffee, aquaculture, fruits & vegetables, and gold, and also work on integrated landscape management. Our team of professionals manage projects in Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Haiti and Dominican Republic, with possible expansion to other countries in Central America and the Caribbean. For more information on our vision, mission and programs please see www.solidaridadnetwork.org.
The successful candidate will focus on the following:
● Maintain a dedicated responsibility for the financial and HR integrity of the organization and for legitimate, effective and efficient use of budgets throughout the region, in line with the approved financial procedures .
● Advise the Managing Director (MD) and the Continental Supervisory Board (CSB) on the financial interpretation of strategic objectives, risk evaluation and management, plans for financial growth, and results of audited consolidated financial statements.
● Participate in the global finance and HR teams and deliver input regarding the development of effective and consistent financial and HR policies and internal control systems, and ensure their implementation.
● Support the regional finance team by coaching and building financial management capacity and the ability to deliver accurate and timely reports. Support the regional HR Manager to ensure alignment with Financial Management strategies and implementation, and growth projections
● Actively support development and analysis of project and operational budgets and financial reports, the annual consolidated regional budget and financial statements.
● Assure the development of effective and consistent financial control systems throughout the region in alignment with the network quality systems.
As time allows, the FC will also support the development of inclusive and commercially viable business cases and models at farm and enterprise level as a core input to proposals supporting sustainable agriculture and landscape development based on blended support models (grants, investment, technical assistance), and co-develop innovative business and financial models for the long-term financial sustainability of the Solidaridad regional programme.
The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements
● Minimum master’s degree in a relevant discipline(s) with a proven track record of leading the financial management of NGOs, financial, or private sector organizations. The preferred candidate would have substantial financial management and HR experience in a diversity of organizations.
● Professional spoken and written fluency in both English and Spanish required
● Minimum of seven years verifiable work experience in financial management & business analysis in an international development setting in Central America
● Knowledge of and experience with financial and administrative processes
● Deep understanding and experience in the principles and practice of NGOs and commercial enterprises in the context of Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean.
● Extensive experience in preparing and analyzing budgets and accounts
● Experience in working with senior management in national and international contexts and producing high-quality financial reports.
● Working knowledge of relevant financial applications and software systems. Knowledge of Financial Force would be a significant plus.
● Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
● High ethical standards on financial accountability and management. Full understanding of checks and balances and quality requirements of financial management
● Accuracy in processing large and diverse quantities of data
● Proactive in signalling financial and administrative trends and developments
● Experience in working in partnerships with businesses, NGOs, public and private foundations, donors and governments; experience working with international investors a plus
● Experience working in multicultural settings
● Service-oriented, pragmatic, flexible
● Planning and organizational skills
● Must be able to travel regularly in the region, and occasionally to other regions
● Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad
● Willingness to take on new challenges as the organization evolves and opportunities emerge
● Ability to work proactively and collaboratively in a complex and demanding environment
What we offer
● Competitive NGO salary and benefits
● High flexibility and liberty to operate
● A fast-paced and exciting work environment, in a small but highly motivated and growing team
● Continuous learning within an innovative organization; significant professional growth and the opportunity to make a real difference in the world
● Opportunity to engage in multiple regional and global networks of high professional relevance
Location: Ideally Honduras, but other locations in Mexico or Central America may be considered.
Interested? Send your English language CV, motivation letter and salary history or expectations to the attention of regional director Michaelyn Baur at [email protected] by 16 October 2020 Mention the position title “Financial Controller Solidaridad” in the subject line. CVs without motivation letters or Spanish language submissions will not be considered. Please note, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.