Programme Manager & Legal Representative – Honduras – CERRADA
Are you passionate about contributing to change that matters and do you have experience and knowledge in fundraising, programme design and implementation, HR and financial management? If so, Solidaridad Central America, Mexico and Caribbean offers you a challenging and rewarding opportunity in this Honduras Programme Manager & Legal Representative job opening!
We are looking for an experienced professional to lead our growing presence in Honduras and contribute to the design and implementation of Solidaridad’s ambitious multi annual strategic plan (MASP) 2021-2025. This is a senior role with both internal- and external-facing responsibilities: on the one hand, it leads the internal management of fundraising, programme design and implementation, financial and impact reporting, and human resource management. Externally, the successful candidate will co-represent Solidaridad at the national level, building strong and open relationships with key stakeholders (government, civil society, donors and the private and financial sectors). The position will work closely with Solidaridad’s regional, multi-disciplinary team to deliver ground-breaking solutions that can accelerate and scale the transition to a sustainable and just economy.
The Honduras Programme Manager & Legal Representative will work from our office in Tegucigalpa, leading a small but growing team, and report to the Regional Managing Director, with linkages to the other senior staff, including the Regional Head of Technical Programmes, and specialists in Impact Investment, Landscapes & Climate, Digital Solutions, Gender & Social Inclusion, and quality management areas of Finance & Administration, PMEL, Development / Fundraising and Communications. Deadline for applications is January 25, 2022 5 p.m. EST.
Honduras Programme Manager job description
Solidaridad Central America, Mexico and Caribbean is part of Solidaridad Network, an international civil society organization present in 44 countries, with a focus on sustainable and inclusive supply chains. Solidaridad Central America, Mexico and Caribbean has experienced significant growth in recent years and has a robust regional portfolio that works across entire supply chains, from smallholder producers to large agroindustry actors and brands. We are engaged with the following supply chains: palm oil, sugarcane, livestock, cacao, coffee, aquaculture, fruits & vegetables, and gold. In recent years, Solidaridad expanded its focus beyond supply chains to sustainable landscape management through the convening and capacity-building of multi-stakeholder platforms that facilitate dialogue, transparency, consensus building and co-design of solutions to achieve long-term sustainable solutions to pressing issues, including climate change, water and soil conservation, land-use pressure, food security, poverty, social inclusion, workers’ rights, among others. Honduras is our “anchor landscape” within the wider Mesoamerican Landscape Accelerator. Our team of professionals manages projects in Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Haiti, and the Dominican Republic, with possible expansion to other countries in Central America and the Caribbean.
Solidaridad aims to leverage supply chain actors to move beyond farm and factory sustainability to landscape-level interventions through multi-stakeholder dialogue and consensus-building, and co-design innovative solutions that deliver multiple benefits to multiple actors through a portfolio of interlinking investments and blended finance opportunities where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
The Honduras Programme Manager and Legal Representative will:
- Have overall responsibility for the programmatic, financial, administrative and HR integrity of Solidaridad in Honduras for legitimate, effective and efficient use of budgets, in line with approved procedures and in close, regular and transparent communication with designated colleagues.
- Ensure organizational compliance with labor and fiscal legal requirements in Honduras.
- Lead the development and implementation of a national strategy in coordination with Solidaridad staff and key partners to scale our current commodity, climate and landscape programmes in Honduras, based on the Multi Strategic Five Year Plan 2021-2025.
- Lead the development of programmes and new proposals/fundraising across Honduras in collaboration with our Technical Head of Programmes, regional commodity experts, Development Manager, Impact Investment, ICT, Climate & Landscapes and M&E Specialists, partner organizations and potential donors/investors.
- Support proposal development in other countries (as relevant).
- Support the mapping of potential partners and donor/investment sources.
- Create relationship management systems and network with strategic partners, including the private sector, government, CSO, research, and donor/impact investors, among others.
- Support the development and implementation of training and learning programmes for Solidaridad staff and partners.
- Participate in the regional management team, as well as Solidaridad’s global Communities of Practitioners and other teams, as needed.
- Represent Solidaridad at national, regional and international events.
- Facilitate the direct engagement of Solidaridad regional specialists and other key personnel with partners for efficient, agile and effective development of strategies, proposals and events in Honduras.
- Actively support the development of project and operational budgets and financial plans and reports, the annual consolidated regional budget and financial statements, as well as annual audits.
- Support the development of inclusive and commercially viable business cases and models at farm-, enterprise-, and market- levels as a core input to proposals supporting Solidaridad’s sustainable growth, based on blended support models (grants, investment, technical assistance) and impact investment.
- In collaboration with the regional team of innovation specialists, support the development of impact investment proposal pipeline, digital tool development and usage, landscape and climate solutions, and the integration of gender and social inclusion into all initiatives.
- Identify, analyze and prioritize the financial needs of stakeholders in commodity and landscape portfolios, providing targeted business and financial management support as part of broader investment readiness packages and grant programming.
- Ensure the visibility and integrity of the Solidaridad brand by regularly providing content for publication, and collaborating with the communications and design team for the production of high-quality communications materials based on programming and results achieved at the country level.
- Ensure internal administrative systems (i.e. M&E) are updated regularly, and the use of Solidaridad tools and apps for communication and data management both internally and externally.
The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Minimum master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- 8 years of professional experience in Honduras, with a proven track record of leading and growing organizations including project planning, design, implementation, monitoring & reporting; finance & administration, and human resource management.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills required.
- Deep understanding and experience in the principles and practice of international development in the context of Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean, and a desire to lead in cutting edge innovations that will speed and scale our impact.
- Proven experience in the complete Project Management Cycle from planning and design, to implementation, PMEL and the delivery of high-quality, reliable and verifiable financial, narrative and quantitative reports.
- Strong leadership skills, with a proven ability to successfully manage and grow multifaceted teams and interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work as part of a broader regional and network-level team, in an international, multilingual and multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of and fluency in the use of relevant software systems (e.g., Google Works, , Salesforce and Google Suite), as well as other communication tools (WhatsApp, Zoom, etc.).
- Professional spoken and written fluency in both English and Spanish required.
- Excellent public speaking skills, and the ability to engage with a wide range of actors, from community members to high-level government officials, donors and finance experts.
- High ethical standards and a commitment to transparency & open communication with colleagues and partners in Honduras, across the region and the broader organizational network; integrity in dealing with confidential information.
- Commodity expertise (palm oil, coffee, cacao, livestock, etc) and/or integrated landscape management a plus. Business development experience is a plus.
- Strategic thinker who is able to understand complex systems and identify key leverage points for action.
- Experience in developing and working in partnership with businesses, NGOs, public and private foundations, donors and governments.
- Superb facilitation skills in multi-stakeholder settings that often deal with conflict or sensitive issues and a proven ability to convene diverse actors through a commonly held vision of sustainability, to instill trust and passion in a multi-stakeholder setting.
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad.
- Willingness to take on new challenges as the organization evolves and opportunities emerge.
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively in a complex and demanding environment.
- Ability to blaze new trails.
- Service-oriented, pragmatic, flexible.
- Must be able to travel regularly in Honduras, and occasionally the region and other parts of the world.
- Must be able to work in Honduras.
What we offer
- Competitive NGO salary and benefits
- High flexibility and liberty to operate
- A fast-paced and exciting work environment, in a small but highly motivated and growing team
- Continuous learning within an innovative organization; significant professional growth and the opportunity to make a real difference in the world
- Opportunity to engage in multiple regional and global networks of high professional relevance
Location: Honduras. Ideally, the successful candidate will reside in or near Tegucigalpa.
Send your English language CV, motivation letter and salary history or expectations to the attention of regional director Michaelyn Baur by 25 January 2022. Mention the position title “Programme Manager & Legal Representative Honduras” in the subject line. CVs without motivation letters or Spanish-language submissions will not be considered. Please note, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Solidaridad is an international civil society organization, present in 44 countries, that focuses on sustainable supply chains and poverty alleviation through inclusive economies. We focus on the development of value chains of global importance where changes have significant impact: coffee, tea, cocoa, fruits & vegetables, textiles, cotton, soy, palm oil, sugarcane, gold and livestock. We leverage our supply chain expertise and multi-stakeholder approach to develop and implement interventions for integrated landscape management.
Solidaridad Central America, Mexico and Caribbean has offices in Guatemala City (GT), San Cristóbal de las Casas and Tampico (MX), Tegucigalpa (HN), and El Rama (NI). We also work in El Salvador, Haiti and the Dominican Republic.
For more information on our vision, mission and programs please see www.solidaridadnetwork.org.