Financial & Administration Manager – HONDURAS – CERRADA
We are looking for a professional to support our regional financial management and administration in Honduras. The position will work closely with our regional Financial Controller, the Regional Managing Director, and the Honduras Country Representative to ensure transparent and ethical financial management and administration of our programmes.
The positions will be located in La Ceiba, Honduras.
Solidaridad Central America, Mexico, and The Caribbean is part of Solidaridad Network, an international civil society organization present in 37 countries, with focus on sustainable supply chains. Solidaridad Central America, Mexico, and The Caribbean has experienced significant growth in recent years and has a robust regional portfolio that works across entire supply chains, from smallholder producers to large agroindustry actors and brands. We are engaged with the following supply chains: palm oil, sugarcane, livestock, cocoa, coffee, fruits & vegetables, and gold, and also work on integrated landscape management. Our team of professionals manage projects in Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Haiti and the Dominican Republic, with possible expansion to other countries in Central America and the Caribbean.
The Administration & Finance Manager will be responsible for supporting day-to-day financial management and administrative activities as well as supporting the implementation of our project portfolios in Honduras. He or she will work closely with a team of national and regional professionals. Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be solution-oriented, have strong analytical and organization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and with quality & timely results. Candidates will have the ability to work in a team-oriented environment and travel within Honduras. The job may require occasional regional or international travel. The Administration & Finance Manager will report directly to the Country Representative – Honduras and the Regional Financial Controller. Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a dedicated responsibility for the financial integrity of the organization and for legitimate, effective and efficient use of budgets across multiple projects & donor requirements, in line with the approved financial procedures.
- Advise the Financial Controller (FC) and the Managing Director (MD) on the financial interpretation of strategic objectives, including results of audited consolidated financial statements.
- Work with the regional finance team and deliver input regarding the development of effective and consistent financial internal control systems.
- Actively support development of project and operational budgets and financial reports, the annual consolidated regional budget and financial statements.
- Develop and ensure implementation of financial policies & procedures, for example procurement, budgeting, and reporting, and well as compliance with all national-level financial reporting.
- Provide administrative and coordination support to Solidaridad staff in Honduras and to our regional administrative and financial team.
- Support preparation of financial reports on a monthly basis, and narrative reports as needed.
- Support the coordination of field activities, events and logistics for project implementation.
- Under Country Manager’s supervision, support day-to-day operation of Solidaridad office
The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- A professional degree in accounting, organizational administration, and minimum 5 years’ professional experience in a high-paced environment.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills. Proficiency in English would be a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with administrative and financial processes
- Extensive experience in preparing and analyzing management accounts and financial reporting.
- Experience in working with senior management and producing management reports.
- Knowledge of relevant financial applications and software systems.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills for preparation and analysis of financial reports and projections.
- High ethical standards on financial accountability and management. Full understanding of checks and balances and quality requirements of financial management
- Accuracy in processing large and diverse quantities of data
- Integrity in dealing with confidential information
- Proactive in signalling financial and administrative trends, developments, and areas of concern
- Experience in working in partnerships with businesses, NGOs, public and private foundations, donors and governments
- 5 years of professional experience in Honduras
- Experience working in multicultural settings
- Service-oriented, pragmatic, flexible
- Planning and organizational skills
- Must be an accredited accountant in Honduras
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad
- Willingness to take on new challenges as the organization evolves and opportunities emerge
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively in a complex and demanding environment
What we offer
- Competitive NGO salary and benefits
- High flexibility and liberty to operate
- A fast-paced and exciting work environment, in a small but highly motivated and growing team
- Continuous learning within an innovative organization; significant professional growth and the opportunity to make a real difference in the world
- Opportunity to engage in multiple regional and global networks of high professional relevance
Location: La Ceiba, Honduras
Interested? Send your English language CV, motivation letter and salary history or expectations to the attention of regional Financial Controller Martin Lucio at [email protected] by 12pm CST 6 May 2021. Mention the position title “Financial & Administrative Manager – Honduras” in the subject line. CVs without motivation letters will not be considered. English-language submissions are welcome. Please note, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Solidaridad Network is an international civil society organization, present in 37 countries, that focuses on sustainable supply chains and poverty alleviation through inclusive economies. We focus on the development of value chains of global importance where changes have significant impact: coffee, tea, cocoa, fruit & vegetables, textiles, cotton, soy, palm oil, sugarcane, gold and livestock. We leverage our supply chain expertise and multi-stakeholder approach to develop and implement interventions for integrated landscape management.
Solidaridad Central America, Mexico and The Caribbean has offices in Guatemala City (GT), San Cristóbal de las Casas and Tampico (MX), La Ceiba (HN), and Managua and El Rama (NI). We also work in El Salvador, Haiti and Dominican Republic.
For more information on our vision, mission and programs please see www.solidaridadnetwork.org.